Posted on 07-07-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About corporate/support functions
A global organization. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centers that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
You will be responsible for managing and monitoring the group tax reporting and for implementing and managing the minimum tax regulation (Pillar 2) and other related tax reporting obligations.
Your detailed responsibilities:
- Prepare all monthly, quarterly and annual tax reporting packages under IFRS legislation and other tax reporting including assessment of uncertain tax positions
- This also includes monitoring, automate and continuous improvement of the controls and processes and procedures surrounding the income tax accounting and forecasting
- Reviewing and analyzing the effective tax rate and explain the main components
- Implement and handle the minimum tax calculation (Pillar 2) and the compliance obligations
- Ensure that the quarterly forecasts / annual Operating Plan reflects the accurate amount of future tax expense & cash out for the entities in scope
- Advise and follow up on any tax accounting matters (DTA, ..), build awareness and provide training to subsidiaries
- Staying up-to-date on direct tax regulations in Europe and having a practical understanding of non-EU direct tax jurisdictions where needed
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a pro-active and communicative colleague with:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Economics, Business Administration or Accounting. An additional degree in Tax or being a qualified Tax advisor is a plus
- At least 5 years of experience within a multinational group in direct tax
- Knowledge of IFRS standards (IAS12), tax accounting rules and consolidation principles
- Inhouse direct tax and transfer pricing experience in a similar industry
- An experience of working in a Big 4 tax department
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If we can become a world leader in recycling and clean mobility, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?