Project Manager SAP
Posted on 12-08-2022
What you will be doing
As Project Manager SAP, you employ considerable SAP Process & Technical, Project Management and People Leadership skills. You take full lead and responsibility on project delivery from business requirement definition, through solution proposal, project realisation, deployment and Go Live including a final assessment on results acquired. You will lead a team of Business and IT people and you will need to intensively agree with external suppliers. The job is performed from the Hoboken office of Umicore in Belgium, but will require EU and international travel to ensure proximity to business teams.
The jobholder will be part of the IT team, reporting to the Head of Business Applications, and will interact with the business teams of Umicore (globally), and within the IS department (at global and local level).
Within their area of responsibilities, the project manager will keep the Head of Business Applications informed about their activities.The main responsibilities are:
- SAP Implementation & Enhancement Projects in Umicore;
- As project manager you lead a team of 5 to 15 people;
- You lead the customizing and development activities in a project or support environment;
- Act as template keeper during projects: protect and enforce the template;
- You assume final responsibility for project solution design and full project life cycle activities (ie deliver projects in scope, time and budget);
- You ensure accurate process integration;
- You ensure and coordinate that application support services are delivered according to IS standards and policies.
Who we are looking for
- You hold a master in information technology, applied economics or a related field. Or the equivalent by experience.
- You have shown Project Management skills.
- A broad functional knowledge of multiple SAP modules.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience (passionate about SAP Projects).
- Proficiency in English and Dutch and/or French.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Willingness to travel abroad.
- You establish credibility with senior stakeholders.
- You have gained experience in:
- Business analysis
- Business process improvement
- Requirement definition and management
- Project execution
- Application support
- Good people skills allow you to work efficiently in team.
- A mature, assertive and dynamic personality, with good social skills.
- A teammate and motivator within multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
What we offer
We strive to own the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organization, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We strive to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Information Systems
A global organization. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centers that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, improving our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
If our technologies can tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?