Program Manager Recycling Innovation
New Business Incubation
Business Development, Process & Product Development
Posted on 09-08-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About New Business Incubator (NBI)
In NBI we develop long-term business opportunities for the business units, as well as business opportunities with a different business model that may develop into a stand-alone business, called incubators.
What you will be doing
The clean energy transition, which is unfolding around us, has a profound impact on and is critically subject to the supply chains of technology metals! To secure supply of these metals and make the life cycles of their applications more sustainable, innovative recycling technologies will have to be brought to the market. To strengthen the Recycling team of New Business Incubator, Umicore is looking to hire a Program Manager Recycling Innovation.
Within the Recycling team you will take the lead in developing and managing a roadmap for new recycling opportunities that arise from metal applications and their supply chains adapting to the clean energy transition.
Detailed Responsibilities :
- You will translate Umicore’s long term business ambitions into an innovation program portfolio and budget, in alignment with NBI, Business Unit and Corporate Research&Development priorities and in agreement with the Innovation Director
- You will take the lead in timely and within budget delivery of NBI’s innovation program, coordinating joint efforts with CRD and relevant BUs. You stay attuned to changing priorities and monitor progress of the individual projects constituting the program’s portfolio, keeping oversight over the projects’ funding (where relevant) and implementation of IP and advocacy strategies, while aiming for continuous improvement of Innovation Excellence.
- You report on the status of innovation projects and next steps towards respective steering committees and the Recycling Innovation Board. You review budgets and resource allocations for individual incubation projects.
- Screen for / report on strategic innovations in process & technology and business models, relevant to the program’s portfolio.
- You collaborate closely with key actors in the value chain and bring to bear open innovation to ensure successful delivery of the innovation program.
The geographical area of these activities is worldwide. The position will be located in Antwerp, Belgium. You will report to the Innovation Director
Who we are looking for
- You have a technical Master Degree (Materials Science, Geology, Chemistry, …) with at least 5 years working experience in a managerial role and leading cross-functional research projects.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the non-ferrous metals & mining industry, value chains, business models, relevant processes and technology are a must.
- You have a demonstrated ability to inspire effective teamwork and motivate staff in a matrix organization.
- You are experienced in managing international innovation programs with cross-functional teams and significant financial value.
- Fluency in both oral and written English is a must.
- You are an excellent and persuasive communicator, with good oral and written presentation skills also to senior management.
- Self-motivated, willing to take initiative and capable of working independently under general direction and managing priorities and risks.
- You strive for consistent high standards in work quality and conduct, with a strong drive to deliver team objectives in time.
If you are committed to move the needle on sustainability, combine a deep understanding of the non-ferrous metals industry with solid business savviness and are attracted to venture off the beaten path, you might just be that colleague we’re looking for!
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO