Process Maintenance Manager - Piping & Construction
Precious Metals Refining
Posted on 09-08-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Precious Metals Refining
The world’s resources are scarce. Umicore’s refining and recycling technology gives used metals a new lease of life. We are experts in treating the most complex materials from around the world. Our processes help bring value to the circular economy and reduce environmental impacts. To recover more metal from different types of material we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new processes. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As Process Maintenance Manager Piping & Construction within Umicore Precious Metals Refining at Hoboken you are responsible for the daily maintenance performance of the discipline “Piping & Steel Construction” which support the whole Hoboken-site. Your activities take place on-site and in the different workshops!
You are a team member of the MT Maintenance.
Your Detailed Responsibilities:
- You lead, co-ordinat and supervise the different maintenance activities of the subject area “Piping & Steel Construction”
- You guide and coach a team, existing of ± 20 white collars and ± 55 blue collars and handle the contribution of external contractors
- You lead the communication process with the maintenance staff and with colleagues from Operations, Technology, Procurement
- You define budget and follow up on costs
- You assess and improve the quality system, the safety policies and environmental processes and procedures
- You are responsible for the development and implementation of reliability improvement programs and follow up their deployment
- You select and introduce appropriate maintenance concepts Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM), Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE), Life Cycle Costing (LCC)
- You actively participate in the start-up and follow-up of projects
- You take up the responsibility for the whole plant operations as Engineer of Duty, up to 4 weeks/year
Who we are looking for
- You have obtained a Master degree in electro mechanical Engineering or in Applied Sciences. Degree of Welding Engineer or obtaining the degree is required
- You have field experience and technical knowledge in maintenance for more than 5 years
- You are technically-minded and skilled in various maintenance strategies used in our industry. Knowledge of all equipments used in process industry is a must
- You master a detailed approach and have solid knowledge on technological developments to solve problems in an effective way
- You have polyvalent technical knowledge, knowledge of maintenance techniques and knowledge of a variety of materials
- Knowledge of welding techniques in piping & construction is a must
- You are familiar with the “Pressure Equipment Directive” and “Construction” standards
- You are able to lead a team in order to successful maintain all process installations, in close collaboration with other departments (e.g. production, engineering, safety, purchasing …)
- You are used to deal with practicalities of quality, environmental, health and safety issues
- You have good communication and influencing skills (presentation, receptivity, persuasion)
- You have a systematic approach and are an effective problem solver and decision taker
- You are stress resistant and committed to results
- You are flexible and can adapt and respond to changing circumstances easily
- You have a good working knowledge of MS Office. 2D- and 3D-software are plus
- You are fluent in Dutch and has a good knowledge of other languages (English, French, German)
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO