Operational Excellence Manager RBM
Rechargeable Battery Materials
EHS/Quality, Engineering, General Management
Posted on 12-08-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials (RBM)
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come
What you will be doing
As Operational Excellence Manager you support the RBM operations with continuous improvement, with the highest focus on production, asset management and W&IL by applying OE methodology and implementing digital shopfloor management systems!
You ensure alignment between sites about priorities and direction of improvement, as well as with Process Technology&Engineering, Business IT, Quality Management and EHS.
Your detailed responsibilities:
- Support all RBM sites with continuous improvement of operations (horizon 1) : OE tools and methodologies striving to realize quality and cost improvements, digital shopfloor management systems, provide training in these tools and systems and setup new programs and key projects
- Work with Process Technology and Engineering during the preparation of new processes : scouting, testing, evaluation,…, identify major OPEX impacts and potential improvements and assessment of efficient level of automation
- Ensure alignment between RBM sites (definition of OE vision; identification, definition and prioritization of improvement projects…
- Coordination and alignment with Process Technology & Engineering, Business IT, EHS & QM
- Act as project owner, project manager or project team member for technical, organizational or operational projects managed and executed by operations organization
- Operational/technical responsible for VOC (voice of customer, complaint and claim) related investigations and/or projects
- Follow up on audits of global customers in terms of operational&technical requirements and standardization.
Who we are looking for
- You have obtained a Bachelors or Master’s degree in engineering or other and you have proven experience (+10 years) in an operational role in an industrial environment
- You have solid project management experience
- You have good knowledge of variety of systems and tools applied in operational excellence (lean 6 sigma, VSM, TOC, TPM, 5S) and experience in implementing operational excellence on the work floor
- Preferably you are familiar with production, maintenance, warehousing and internal logistics, in battery materials industry or chemical process industry.
- Good knowledge of Cathode Active material and precursor and its manufacturing processes is certainly a plus
- Strong cability to organize and coach your team and to organize project teams
- You have experience with organisational change
- Experience in working in an intercultural environment
- You have a positive and determined approach to researching and analysing a variety of operational processes in view of optimization
- Ability to lead and motivate as well as maintain a high morale among the members of the organization
- Capable of leading several priorities under time restraint and meet deadlines
- Well-developed business communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English communication
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can power electric verhicles, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO