IS Business Consultant Digital Development
Posted on 09-08-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our Business Supporting Functions (IT and others)
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our business supporting functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As Business Consultant digital development, you employ considerable technical skills as a solution expert and point of contact for customer's IT needs.
Your activity domain is 3-fold :
- As solution expert in the area of Digital Technologies, you will be involved in as well Project activities as Support activities. In this role, you will team up with multiple IT colleagues (a.o. functional IT, network, security, infrastructure) to ensure all activities find a sustainable and secure fit within the Umicore architecture. You will also be responsible end-to-end in order to capture the requirements, design the solution, make a planning and estimate and play the role of project manager.
- As point of contact, you will collaborate actively with our Business Units, translate business requirements into digital solutions (ideally reusable, sustainable and flexible), evaluate the right technical solution to cover the requirements and implement. You will build BU specific solution expertise, mastering the technology standard solutions as well as custom build developments. You will be the point of contact towards business from start to finish.
- As an application development professional,
- you participate in design, coding, testing, documenting and refactoring of moderately complex programs/scripts. Apply agreed standards and tools, to achieve well-engineered, sustainable results.
- you manage software deployment cycles to package, build, test and deploy changes and updates (“releases”) into a live environment. Gatekeep automation of deployments to improve the efficiency and quality of releases.
The main technologies involved in, during the first years will be :
- UIPath: Umicore has chosen UIPath as RPA (Robotics Process Automation) solution.
- Any technologies in the context of an RPA process in order to make optimal use of the technology stack defined as standards within Umicore (incl. NLP, webscraping, Fuzzy Logic, AI, ML, …)
- The Microsoft O365 and Power platform
Your Responsibilities :
- You actively participate in the ideation phase, technology selection, design and implementation of selected Business Use Cases.
- Take responsibility in RPA design, development, support and monitoring
- You ensure proper solution integration within the Umicore Application and Infrastructure landscape, respecting Umicore security and change management policies.
- You maintain awareness on the latest technologies and the use cases applied
- You participate in specific Business Adoption and related change handling
You will be based in Hoboken, occasional travel to other Umicore sites (national and international) might be needed.
Who we are looking for
- You hold a bachelor of applied IT, master in IT or computer science
- You are passionate about Digital technologies and keep up to date with the newest evolutions
- You have a minimum of 2 to 4 years of relevant experience in Digital Technology domains. Gained experience in one of the below technologies is a plus
- RPA, Azure technology services, Office365, Power Automate, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- You are fluent in English
- You are willing to travel occasionally abroad
- You are able to establish credibility with senior stakeholders
- Your good people skills allow you to work efficiently in team
- You have a mature, assertive and dynamic personality, with excellent interpersonal skills
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our technologies can tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO