Group Treasury Junior Manager
Posted on 12-08-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our corporate/support function
A global organization. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centers that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
Within the Group Treasury, which hosts the funding and cash management, foreign exchange risk management of the Group, you work within the team in charge of daily treasury and foreign exchange hedging activities, ensuring good execution and administration of those operations, and contribute to the production of various treasury reports and participate to projects. In this role you will report to the Group Treasury Senior Manager.
- Manage short term net financial position of Umicore Financial Service and of other (international) companies in Umicore Group. Based on global Treasury position and needs, you will ensure daily optimal funding / investment conditions with external counterparties (banks, commercial papers);
- Contribute to set-up and maintenance of a strong cash forecasting process; You will coordinate data collection and analysis, leveraging a new cash forecasting tool (CashForce); You’ll develop and maintain KPI and closely collaborate with business units and other finance colleagues;
- Contribute to an optimal overall bank account management process, incl. bank account and cash pooling structure, bank communication platforms & channels, compliance and governance, in close collaboration with the Treasury Process and Payment Factory colleagues;
- Execute (as autonomous back-up) the Foreign Exchange hedging process centralized in Group Treasury: monitor the requests made by the affiliates and provide them ongoing support; you manage in real time the resulting foreign exchange positions of UFS and hedge them with external counterparties at the best conditions;
- Monitor intercompany credit facilities, loans and deposits, and ensure compliance with Transfer Pricing policy;
- Contribute to analysis and production of various treasury reports on treasury activities, a.o. Cost of indebtedness, Treasury position, FX strategic review, FX Results and Position monthly report;
- Implement, follow-up and coordinate the analysis and reporting on the bank cost and other KPIs;
- Contribute to data analytics initiatives, RPA (robotic process automation) and BPA (business process automation) topics in context of digitalization effort within the Treasury department;
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with:
- Master degree in finance, Business Administration or economics;
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in Treasury, Corporate Finance or related fields;
- Strong interest for financial markets and instruments, treasury management and hedging techniques
- Language : English mandatory, French and/or Dutch
- IT literate, experience with Qliksense, PowerBI or other BI Solutions
- Integrity and openness
- Analytical and conceptual thinking
- Resilience to stress, autonomy
- Ability for initiative and problem solving with minimal direction
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Strive for excellence and have strong desire to exceed expectations
- Good organization and multitasking capacity
- Curiosity for new IT applications and digitalization trends
- Team spirit
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If we can become a world leader in recycling and clean mobility, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?