Global Data Stewardship Manager
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Posted on 13-08-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore’s Rechargeable Battery Materials (RBM) give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Project contribution as project coordinator or key project core team member:
- Participate, contribute to the different RBM projects by providing guidance on the available data, the data quality, the data definition in function of reporting and other business requirements
- Mapping of master data to integrate between different data sources – creation of a detailed AS-IS in the different source systems that are used within Global RBM – UMP/COP, LIMS, Osisoft Pi, Anaplan, PowerBI,..
- Ensure Data Quality validation and improvement actions are identified, implemented and rolled-out
- Assist in initial data testing of analytical components
- Main contact for BIT colleagues and other RBM colleagues during all system implementations – liaison between the different business, BIT and IT teams when it comes to translation of business know-how and requirements related to the master data set-up
- Safeguarding consistent approach, definition and glossary on data that is being used by the different global RBM domain managers, key users and business IT colleagues
- Understanding of the different business processes, business needs, global domain manager’s visions and strategy to translate those into data requirements and data processes
- Clear understanding and expertise in the different data flows within a systems, throughout the different systems and within the existing RBM IT application architecture
- Monitor the data quality through toolset provided by technical BI experts (DQ monitoring in ETL, data profiling queries, …) and coaching of the RBM data engineer in those matters
- Communicate on data quality with responsible end users
- Provide expertise on available data (and its quality) in function of reporting requirements
- Maintain mapping of master data to integrate between different data sources and/or between local and corporate data
- Update the data dictionary with relevant data definitions and data quality labeling of data sets
- Active controlling of all processes and workflows in connection with the creation / maintenance / modification of master data
Who we are looking for
An analytical colleague with:
- Master’s degree in applied computer sciences
- experience in master data management, reporting specialist, business analyst or equivalent
- Knowledge of project management methodology
- Working experience in a service driven, customer oriented environment
- Business Process minded
- Creative and independent
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can power electric vehicles, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO