Data Science Engineer
Posted on 29-06-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Electro-Optic Materials (EOM)
Power in space. Vision at night. Coatings thinner than human hair. Umicore is a world leader in material solutions for the space, optics and electronics sectors – enabling every day cutting-edge technologies. We guarantee our customers secure access to supply, plus recycling technologies that give materials a new lease of life. To produce materials with even higher performance, and provide recycling to new markets, we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new processes. Which is where you come.
What you will be doing
- As Data Science Engineer, you will be part of the EOM global BIT team and play a key technical role in designing, developing and maintaining solutions supporting data analytics, data science, reporting & planning. You will manage and execute projects creating digital solutions through the entire lifecycle: ideation, requirements analysis, design, development, deployment, and support.
- EOM continuously emphasizes more standardized, automated and digitalized modus operandi in the different business and IT domains. The EOM vision is to bring the different departments to the next level in terms of digitalization and standardization across the different applications based on a modern IT architecture that has been implemented.
Your focus will be:
- Project involvement: work in close collaboration with the business project manager, the global domain managers, business key users in defining needs and validating a proposed solution
- Business support: Take ownership of the data products that support the business in a timely and efficient manner demonstrating a sense of urgency, tenacity and commitment to quality and excellence
- Technical expertise: Lifelong learning, adopt new techniques and technology in the fast evolving data landscape
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a colleague with:
- Master’s degree in applied computer sciences, information technology sciences, engineering, mathematics or economy
- A first relevant work experience in the ETL and Datawarehouse domains.
- Technical knowledge in the following domains:
- Azure Data platform (Data Factory, SQL Server, Data Lake, Synapse)
- Data visualization (Power BI, Qlik Sense)
- Dimensional modelling (TimeXtender)
- Python, SQL, Spark (DataBricks)
- DevOps, CI/CD
- Optional: machine learning and MLops
- Good understanding of self-service data analytics governance
- Working experience in a service driven, customer oriented environment.
- Interest in and exposure to industrial activities, processes and technology
Don't worry, we don't expect you to tick every box from the beginning. Most of all: we are looking for colleagues with the same passion for data as well as personal and professional development!
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our germanium recycling services can help reduce the world’s carbon footprint, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO