Corporate Security Manager (Physical Security)
Legal Affairs / Security
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our Support Functions
A global organization. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- You work directly with the Corporate Security Officer (CSO) at the HQ in Brussels.
- You are an expert in security and have a good knowledge of practices and legislation in connection with different aspects of security.
- You advise and support Business Units (BU’s) and Corporate Functions in view of improving security and correctly implementing security related legislation.
- Your main areas of expertise include physical security, fraud prevention and protecting people on site or on a mission.
- You share best practices and expertise via workshops, seminars, trainings, Q&A’s, etc. on those security topics with an internal worldwide community of security ambassadors.
- You regularly/timely update the security documentation through policies and procedures and practical instructions.
- You follow up the technical evolution of security systems to define standards and well-balanced practical solutions, including life cycle management, after consultation with all relevant stakeholders.
- You take the lead in security related projects or initiate multi-site security related projects within the physical security roadmap or you are an active member of the project team and you contribute to cross-functional improvement projects in security related fields.
- You interact with the Regional Security Manager on a regular basis to align on security risks, incidents and on local initiatives to mitigate security risks.
- You perform security audits on request of the BU’s or on CSO’s initiative.
Who we are looking for
- You have obtained a master degree
- You have minimum 5 years work experience in a security related domain, preferably in a high-tech industrial environment
- You are fluent in English and have a good knowledge of Dutch, French or German
- You are skilled in security risk management
- You are an excellent communicator, empathic, convincing and able to build strong relationships with colleagues in different regions across the world
- You are a project manager, with good problem judgement- and analytical skills, and a pragmatic, solution-oriented approach
- Integrity and discretion are key values for you
- You are fluent in translating legislation into practical procedures and technical information into workable standards
- You are willing to travel abroad occasionally
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?