Category Procurement Manager IT
Purchasing and Transportation
Information Technology, Procurement
Posted on 12-08-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our Support Functions, Purchasing & Transportation and others
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As Category Procurement Manager IT, you are responsible for the category management, day-to-day operations supervision and optimization of the IT Category Procurement Processes within the organization.
You develop, drive and implement global strategic category sourcing initiatives for the category IT in collaboration with the Information Systems Department and any other internal Business IT customers, respecting and understanding their business needs as well as challenging them, and at the same time realizing substantial made valuable contributions for the organization.
You will report into the Director Category Procurement and you are located on the Hoboken (or Brussels) site.
- You own the CPC IT team and multi-functional working groups to deliver a high level of performance, integration and consistency in procurement across the category.
- You provide category expert advice and knowledge to key stakeholders of respective global supply markets, competitors and product innovations
- You act as account manager between Umicore and Suppliers, and establish and maintain a strong business relationship to ensure the highest level of service delivery
- You prepare and lead agreement negotiations on high impact, complex supply arrangements and contract issues in multi-functional teams to deliver better category outcome.
- In alignment with the director category procurement, you define and lead the cost centre of CPC IT
- You develop, lead and implement IT category management plans and sourcing strategies based on research and analysis to meet business needs, improve stakeholder engagement and challenge and empower Suppliers to optimize service outcome.
- You have a strategic and long-term view and develop innovative practices, -policy directions, and - procurement solutions that provide cashable savings and process efficiencies for the organization.
- You develop performance metrics, processes and targets and monitor the performance of these kpis or SLA by key IT Suppliers.
- You set up multi-functional review meetings with internal customers and Suppliers and build development plans to improve performance and further reduce cost.
- You share knowledge, standard methodologies and results with internal customers and other purchasers; and ensure alignment with developed standards and procedures.
Who we are looking for
An enthusiastic colleague with:
- Master Degree in Economics or an equivalent by experience. You have at least 5 years of relevant professional experience in a commercial environment (procurement or sales).
- Deep understanding of Umicore’s business needs and expectations of internal customers
- Profound knowledge of IT market, domain and related categories.
- Strong Internal Customer orientation with persuading and influencing skills
- Focus on continuous improvement and commitment to achieve results
- Collaborative mentality and team-worker
- You are stress resistant with the ability to prioritise and switch tasks
- You have strong Project and Risk Leadership skills
- You are proficient in Dutch and English, knowledge of French and German are a plus
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our technologies can tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO