Young Graduate Communications
Group Communications & IR
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About the Young Graduate Program
This program is specifically designed for masters in a Digital / Communication / Media / Sales/commercial field. You will be offered two projects in different business units or sites, one of which will have an international scope. After a successful completion of your projects we will assess your development and potential together and find you an appropriate managerial role that is in line with your personality and interests.
Who we are looking for
- You have a Master degree (graduated in 2021) in Digital, Communication, Media or commercial engineering/sciences, or other with a keen interest for (digital) communication in a global context
- You are digital savvy and have already acquired a strong digital experience
- You are fluent in English (native), Dutch and French, knowledge of any other language is a plus
- You are analytical, fast and flexible, able to switch priorities
- You are focused on results, committed, flexible and have positive ‘can do’ spirit
- You are a real team player, enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, with a hands-on mentality and strong service-mindness.
Details of the projects you will be involved in :
Digital communication is growing towards a more professional, stakeholder focused way of working and aligning and creating targeted content along the way. You will play a key role in creating digital user stories to guarantee that the efforts are in line with our digital strategy and roadmap and will have the opportunity to shape and create it into a new way of working.
- Your main project will be focused on research and recommendations on digital communication improvements for a BU, region and/or Supporting Operational function or department. So you will strongly involved in stakeholder mapping, getting input and feedback from stakeholders, make recommendations on digital improvements based on stakeholder feedback and help the implementation and track and evaluate the improvements
- You will also give support in other digital projects, such as the creation of a Umicore newsletter template and product finders and give support to the wider communications team (web copy, social media content,…)
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?