Supply Quality Management Manager
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Procurement, Supply Chain
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials (RBM)
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As Supply Quality Management Manager you will support RBM Supply and Domain Quality Management in Supplier Quality Management and take a global role in introducing quality related objectives towards suppliers of raw materials and qualify them. You will take care of all quality related issues regarding raw materials, i.e. communicate to the suppliers and follow-up in a spirit of continuous improvement of the quality of the materials and the service.
The longer term focus is introducing within the Supply Organization a Quality Management System in line with the requirements of IATF16949, RBM QM and RBM customers and push this QMS towards the suppliers of raw materials.
Detailed Responsibilities :
Related to Supplier Quality Management
- You support the introduction of the Suppliers’ Manual to the suppliers and follow up the defined improvements actions
- You manage the claims, issues of the internal customers (internal VOC) and suppliers, related to the raw materials and addressed to the Supply Organization,
- You manage or support supplier audits in cooperation and in alignment with RBM QM, following the automotive principles & requirements
- You manage and support 4M projects of RBM within the supply organization as QM representative of the QM organization
- You manage and support the specification setting and quality (COA) of raw materials provided by the supply organization to RBM
- You are the representative of the Supply Organization for any ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 related audit of the RBM customers in alignment with RBM QM
Related to the management of the Internal Quality Processes
- You set up and manage the required manuals, procedures & instructions, standard documents, reports in alignment with the RBM QM directive and in alignment with the automotive quality system requirements towards supply such as ISO 9001 and IATF 16949
- You will train the Supply Team to understand the car-OEM quality requirements
- You will maintain a global standardized RBM Quality management system related to direct materials and suppliers
- You promote ROCE (RBM Operational Concept of Excellence) principles within the supply organization and define/manage KPI’s
- You act as an internal auditor of the supply organization
Who we are looking for
- You have obtained a bachelor (or master) degree in Quality Management or Engineering
- You have at least 5 years of all-round experiences in quality management systems and quality control preferably in a multinational environment
- Experience in PPAP process at automotive industries is a must, as also experiences in supplier audit preparation & response
- You have a good knowledge of Quality Management Systems: ISO 9001, IATF16949, VDA6.3 ...
- Knowledge of lab analytical systems is a plus
- You are a capable user of MS Office applications
- You are an enthusiastic team player with an open "can do" mentality; you show strong commitment to results
- You are able to identify and solve problems
- You are used to work in a multi-cultural matrix environment
- You are a good communicator
- You are fluent in English
- You are willing to travel abroad
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can power electric vehicles, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?