Senior Project Manager - MES, Production and Industry 4.0
Posted on 14-09-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Information Systems
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As Senior Project Manager, you employ considerable Project Management and People Management skills combined with experience in Production, MES and SAP environments. You :
- Take full lead and responsibility on IT projects in MES/SAP related applications delivery from business requirement definition, through solution proposal, project realisation, deployment and Go Live including a final assessment on results obtained.
- Will lead a team of Business and IT people (5 to 15) and will need to intensively cooperate with external suppliers.
- Lead and follow up the implementation of change requests.
- Ensure and coordinate that application support services are delivered according to IS standards and policies
- Will report to the Head of Business Applications, and will interact with the business teams of Umicore (globally), and within the larger IS department (at global and local level).
Who we are looking for
- A master in information technology, applied economics or a related field. Or the equivalent by experience.
- Proven Project Management skills.( Business analysis; Business process improvement; Requirement definition and management; Project execution; Application support).
- A broad functional knowledge of multiple SAP modules.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience (focused on SAP Projects) and you can rely on a broad functional knowledge of production processes
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills in English / Dutch and/or French.
- A mature, assertive and dynamic personality, with excellent interpersonal skills and motivator within multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
- Willingness to travel to ensure proximity to business teams in EU and international.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our technologies can tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?