Senior Manager Chemicals Compliance
Environment Health and Safety
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our corporate/support function
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As Senior Manager Chemicals Compliance you develop, implement and manage the strategy for compliance of Umicore Group with chemical regulations globally. You lead the team that provides all business units with material safety data sheets and product safety labels . You are also specifically responsible for the CSM (Cobalt & Specialty Materials) & RBM (Rechargeable Battery Materials) product portfolio worldwide and you are the internal CSM/RBM liaison in advocacy programs to defend the company’s interest in industry associations and towards authorities.
Your detailed responsibilities :
- You lead the development, implementation and management of chemicals compliance globally. This requires to deliver to the BU’s an accurate interpretation, documentation and communication of regulatory initiatives in relation to their portfolio, and to develop and manage programs to collect the data required for fulfilment of regulatory initiatives
- You are responsible for the regulatory compliance of the global CSM and RBM product portfolio. You develop and drive global management processes to control chemicals regulatory requirements and identify product compliance risks and you coordinate business impact assessments of upcoming international chemicals legislations and respond to these new legislations.
- You lead the product stewardship department of CSM/RBM.
- You act as the regulatory compliance expert. You support various departments by translating the technical content to the business with the newest information.
- You are the internal BU liaison for CSM and RBM in advocacy programs on chemical regulatory processes. This also includes representing the BU in meetings with authorities, active networking with externals
- You represent and defend the interests of Umicore in various associations
Who we are looking for
- You hold a Phd Degree in a scientific field such as biomedical sciences, chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology or equivalent through experience.
- You have at least 10 years work experience with global chemicals compliance and proven project management skills
- You have strong working knowledge of REACH, CLP/GHS and associated guidelines and tool and knowledge of international chemical regulations (e.g. Korea REACH, China REACH, Taiwan TCSCA, US TSCA, …)
- You are familiar with the BU’s chemistry and products
- Experience with SAP EHS is an asset
- You have good people management skills
- You are a good communicator in oral and written communication (in English)
- You have good team-working and interpersonal skills to work in multidisciplinary teams
- You are able to critical and creative thinking, problem solving and decision making
- You have strong networking and influencing skills to realize Umicore’s agenda in external associations
- You can work autonomously and you have a good sense of prioritization of assigned goals
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?