Senior Consolidation Manager
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our Supporting Functions
Business partnering with a global organization. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centers that are vital to Umicore’s growth. We support operational excellence for financial and commercial operations and facilitate decision making, allowing Umicore to keep on growing and evolving. We contribute to enhance Umicore reputation, to strengthen customer relationships and to ensure adequate resources availabilities to prepare future successes. Hence, support functions offer a very dynamic work environment and require digital technology enablers. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
For its headquarters in Brussels, Umicore is looking for a Senior Consolidation Manager to strengthen its Group Control and Consolidation team. This role is in charge of the financial consolidation of the Group, the accurate accounting in compliance with IFRS and a transparent financial reporting for all relevant internal and external stakeholders. As such, you are responsible for the preparation of the annual financial reporting of the Group.
Your detailed responsibilities :
- You will lead the multi-currency consolidation process for the official Half-Year and Full Year closings to prepare financial statements based on consolidated values for external disclosure, in full compliance with IFRS. You supervise the closings in regular months, to prepare for hard-closes.
- You prepare the editing of the financial statements for the annual report and the collection of the financial information in close collaboration with internal corporate finance teams, investor relations and communications teams and with external auditors.
- You manage, build & coach the consolidation team, decide on planning, priorities and deliverables in function of the overall reporting plan and requirements.
- You are the main contact of the consolidation department with the external auditors at each audited published closing (June & December).
- You focus on continuous improvement of the consolidation processes. This includes a.o. data collection (intercompany data, IFRS 16 for lease accounting), data processing and visualization (disclosure management of financial statements). You will drive our digital agenda, looking into automation and advance analytics opportunities.
Who we are looking for
- You hold a University degree in economics or finance with sound experience in consolidation techniques and international accounting (IFRS)
- You have at least 10 years of experience in the field of audit and/or consolidation
- You are experienced in digitalization and consolidation/reporting system management and implementation
- You are experienced in the usual Microsoft office tools, have an understanding of consolidation systems and also your knowledge of ERP systems such as SAP is an add-on
- You have strong people, team and change management skills
- You have sound project management experience with good eye for overview and also details
- You are able to work autonomously (flexible and stress resistant) in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- You take initiatives and work towards delivering impactful results. You challenge yourself and others on value creation
- You are able to think analytically, strategically, and creatively to gain competitive advantage
- You are intellectually hungry and curious, enjoying exploring new subjects
- You have a strong customer service orientation with excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical or financial information to a non-technical audience in a concise way
- You are able to lead, coach, and develop the team to drive performance improvement and deliver objectives
- Fluency in English is a must, all other languages (mainly Dutch, French and German) are valuable assets
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO