Security Excellence Manager - Belgium
Legal - Security
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our Support Functions
A global organization. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centers that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As security excellence manager for Belgium, you coordinate security improvements projects and audits in all Belgian Umicore sites (Olen, Hoboken, Brussels and Bruges). Your main location is Olen and you report hierarchically to the plant manager of Olen with a functional link the corporate security officer (CSO).
The main responsibilities of the security excellence manager for Belgium are:
- You propose and manage Security related projects in and across Belgian sites thereby ensuring a harmonized and consistent approach of security within the Belgian sites in line with local legislation and Corporate guidelines; You assist the local security responsible with the translation and implementation of global policies, guidelines and multi-site initiatives; You lead projects to increase security awareness
- You ensure exchange of best practices across the sites within region Belgium
- You remain up to date with respect to applicable security legislation within the region and inform & train site security responsible about relevant developments
- You perform security audits in the 4 Belgian sites taking into account Belgian legislation and you assist the local security responsible with the security risks assessment of the plant or site taking into account Belgian specificities
- You are an active member of the security community including the Regional Security Managers network and the Corporate Security team
- You investigate and follow up on reported incidents
Who we are looking for
- You have a bachelor or master degree in a security related domain
- You have minimum 5 years solid work experience in security, preferably in a high-tech industrial environment
- You have experience with physical asset security, guard & camera systems, transport security, people security and intellectual asset protection (IT network security is out of scope for this function)
- You have Expert qualification in security, preferably supported by security certifications and/or knowledge of Belgian legislation in that field
- You are familiar with GDPR rules
- You are fluent in translating legislation into practical procedures and technical information into workable standards
- You are skilled in security risk management and security audits
- You have experience with project management with good analytical and planning skills and you strive for pragmatic, solution-oriented approaches
- You are fluent in Dutch and English, both written and spoken, knowledge of French is an asset
- You are an excellent communicator, empathic, convincing and able to build strong relationships with colleagues in different locations across the region
- You visit on a regular base the Umicore plants in Belgium and are willing to travel abroad occasionally
- Integrity and discretion are key values for you
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO