Project Manager Project Engineering
Cobalt & Specialty Materials
Posted on 28-09-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Cobalt and Specialty Materials
Mastering the cobalt value chain. Umicore’s expertise covers the sourcing, production, and distribution of cobalt and nickel products. Umicore’s materials are at the heart of products we use every day such as rechargeable batteries, tools, paints, and tires. Our recycling and refining processes give new life to cobalt and other metals and reduce environmental impacts. To meet the demands of our customers we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways of doing things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
Within the framework of the policy and strategy of CSM Olen Project engineering, you lead a project portfolio in order to realize investment projects of Olen BU’s and the Olen plant!
- You will take up full ownership to study and realize your projects:
- study and analyze the required technology for revamps and new units in co-operation with process engineers with focus on safe processes and risk management and according to legal regulations
- propose technical improvements and/or solutions, in a feasibility – basic & detailed engineering phase, including a budget estimate
- realize complete project implementation including detail engineering, suppliers selection and follow-up, site supervision and start-up
- settle resource requirements
- You also develop tools to bring the Project engineering department to a higher level of efficiency
- You maintain/develop project management & Data Management System applications
- You supervise compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications
- You coach and mentor designers technically
- You team up with the maintenance and reliability engineers to share expertise and standard methodologies
- You regularly visit peers or fairs to follow the evolution of best available technologies
- You collaborate with the Head of Project engineering
Who we are looking for
A team oriented and hardworking colleague, with :
- Master degree in Engineering or equivalent by experience
- Proven experience (3 to 6 years) and technical knowledge in project management
- In-depth technical knowledge (various calculations (heat balances, friction losses, capacity of equipment, thermodynamic issues, automation concepts, …)
- Basic knowledge of hydro-metallurgy and/or dust management is certainly a plus
- Able to lead a team in order to successful implement and start up new installations, in close collaboration with other departments (e.g. production, maintenance, safety, purchasing …)
- Able to synthesize a number of data and come to clear conclusions
- Able to handle miscellaneous tasks simultaneously
- Experience with the practical side of environmental, health and safety issues and with the practical side of quality systems
- Solid understanding of MS Office. 2D- and 3D-software are a plus
- Proficiency in Dutch and able to write and/or understand technical papers in English, French and German.
- Willingness to travel abroad for specific assignments
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?