Project Manager civil engineering
Precious Metals Refining
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Precious Metals Refining
The world’s resources are scarce. Umicore’s refining and recycling technology gives used metals a new lease of life. We are experts in treating the most complex materials from around the world. Our processes help bring value to the circular economy and reduce environmental impacts. To recover more metal from different types of material we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new processes. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
Within the framework of the strategy of the department Technology and in order to realize the investments projects of UPMR, you support the Technology department by realizing your own portfolio of construction projects.
You analyze, manage and implement engineering projects of the Hoboken plant of Precious Metals Refining in all of its aspects, for a wide variety of projects, ranging from small units & revamps to green field (0,25 to 4 Mio€).
- You hold end responsibility for the whole project followthrough and for all all phases (from scope definition to realization)
- In close collaboration with the other project teams (A/B/C/shutdown team/maintenance) and other plant services involved (esp. production facilities and department process maintenance), you study and analyze the required building methodology for revamps and new infrastructure and buildings.
- You propose technical improvements and/or solutions, in a feasibility, basic and detailed engineering phase, including a budget estimate.
- You assist and help the start-up teams for the different investment projects, work closely together with the production manager and his staff, the different engineering teams and the maintenance organization.
- You guide your designer and site surveyor through the path of making up the necessary plans (or permits) and towards a successful realization in collaboration with the needed contractors.
- You take up the responsibility for the whole plant operations as Engineer on Duty, up to 2 weeks / year.
Who we are looking for
- You have a master’s degree in civil engineering or in applied sciences civil works, with min. 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- You are technical minded and have a problem solving mindset.
- You have basic knowledge in various concrete calculations, and have good knowledge of industrial steelwork. You are also able to write calculation notes, and to interpret and examine calculation notes presented by third parties critically.
- You’re used to taking the lead and giving instructions to younger engineers and skilled AutoCAD/REVIT designers.
- You are familiar with the practical requirements of environmental, health and safety systems and with quality systems.
- You have good knowledge of MS Office. 2D- and 3D-calculation software are plus (SCIA Engineer).
- You are fluent in Dutch and have a good knowledge of other languages (English, French, German).
You are an excellent people and project manager, able to lead a team to successful implementation and start-up of new installations. You enjoy working with people and are interested to help them in their development.
- You are a good communicator, and can empower ideas to all levels of the organization.
- You are driven by challenging goals and have a structural work method.
- You are skilled in writing global project reports.
- You are stress resistant, a multitasker, someone who can set priorities and is able to synthesize a complex data and come to clear conclusions.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
IF OUR RECYCLING CAPABILITIES CAN HELP TACKLE RESOURCE SCARCITY, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?