Program Manager Analytics (Battery Materials)
Corporate Research & Development
Research & Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
Corporate Research & Development
Driving progress through research. Providing material solutions for the world’s most pressing challenges and anticipating the needs of our customers requires a high level of investment in research. Umicore’s Group Research capabilities focus on new materials and processes to address the megatrends of resource scarcity and clean mobility. The nature of research and development means that we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
You have a deep insight in the technical and scientific challenges of battery materials and a broad knowledge on all analytical subdomains relevant. You independently define the analytical program needed to speed-up innovation in the field of battery materials in collaboration with the research partners in and outside Umicore. You translate this program with the operational managers in the Analytical Competence Center into a project or look for opportunities at external institutes.
- You have and maintain in depth knowledge of the technical challenges of the product and the analytical techniques needed to speed-up innovation in the field of battery materials
- You play a strategic role in pro-active alignment of analytical projects, resources & competence development in this research domain inside the Umicore organization
- You are the bridge between the Umicore research programs on battery materials, the Analytical Competence Center in Olen, Umicore laboratories worldwide and external partners. In that function you are responsible in the translation of the needs of the Umicore internal partners in the corresponding analytical research
- You independently define the analytical program needed to speed-up innovation in the field of battery materials, translates this program with the project & operational managers analytics into a project, resource and budget & competence development plan within the Analytical Competence Center or at external partners.
- You develop foresight in relevant analytical technologies, you make and defend business plans for insourcing of new analytical techniques and co-define the Umicore wide analytical competence roadmap within the field of battery materials
- You safeguard proper confidentiality guideline across activities and projects especially in setting-up and follow-up of external collaborations
- You play an active and leading role in the communication process of your program and promote teamwork
- You assure a constant high-quality level of assaying
- You deploy the EHS standards and action plans within your team
Who we are looking for
- You have an academic degree in Materials Science, a PhD in Chemistry, Physics, or equivalent through relevant research experience in the field of battery materials
- You have a broad scientific understanding of the battery materials and experience in the field of battery material characterization is a must
- You are familiar with quality assurance principles
- You are fluent in English
- You have strong oral and written reporting skills
- You have solid leadership and communication skills, you are a team player and people manager and you are also committed to results
- You are a strong problem solver, have an analytical mindset and are creative in developing new methods and procedures
- You are familiar with practical requirements of environmental, health and safety issues
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If my research can help tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?