Manager Transport Procurement (EN)
Purchasing and Transportation
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our Support Functions, Purchasing & Transportation and others
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centers that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
For the category Transport, within the department Procurement & Transportation, you lead and drive the development of category practices, including sourcing strategy definition, deployment and stakeholder management to maximize added value for Umicore. You are responsible for target setting, in alignment with the Head of Transport and the internal Clients. You drive procurement added value contribution to our Clients while respecting policies, strategies and procedures.
You act as project manager within the Transportation Competence Center. You establish active customer-centric stakeholder management. Overall you contribute to sustainable and safe transport solutions for Umicore Business Units and products, at an economically feasible cost and taking into account applicable regulations for Dangerous Goods, (hazardous) waste and valuables.
- You develop and implement a category strategy for Transport related procurement
- You co-Lead and develop the Category Procurement Center Transportation
- You define and control the Transport end-to-end procurement cycle
- You drive optimization of user compliance, supplier performance, contracts and customer satisfaction for the Transport related procurement
- You manage commercial supplier relationships and contracts for the Transport related key supply base
- You contribute or manage projects that enhance the Umicore group transport competencies, transport solutions or the transport management process.
Who we are looking for
- You have a Master Degree (Logistics, Economics, Science, … ) and at least 5 years of relevant working experience in a similar environment. A master Degree or experience in Maritime and Logistics Management is a plus.
- You have profound expertise in transport and in procurement meaning good knowledge of the transportation market, cost drivers, transportation processes, functioning of different transportation modes, available transportation solutions, applicable regulations and an understanding of different market trends regarding digitalization and sustainable transport.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English, other languages are a plus
- You have excellent Microsoft office skills (PowerPoint, Excel,…)
- You are performance and result oriented, and you strives for continuous improvement
- You have strong problem-solving skills and you are stress resistant.
- You are analytical and strong in conceptual thinking and decision making
- You have strong negotiation, project and risk management skills
- You show exemplary behavior towards ethics and integrity
- You are a strong communicator and have interpersonal impact (influencing and persuading)
- You are internal customer oriented and a team player
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our technologies can tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?