IT Senior Consultant SAP metals, sales and procurement
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our Business Supporting Functions (IT and others)
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our business supporting functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As a senior consultant in SAP metals, sales and procurement you are responsible for the end to end commercial business processes in SAP. Your prime responsibility is bringing expertise on the execution and follow-up of commercial flows for precious metal containing products. Act as a change driver for these processes and leverage the existing Umicore SAP template processes for precious metals.
You will be working on SAP projects and change requests for Umicore entities:
- Analyze the as-is processes and drive the fit/gap with the Umicore SAP template processes
- Act as template keeper by mapping the requirements to the template processes for precious metals and contribute to template development based on gained experience from roll out projects
- Propose and describe potential solutions for gaps and identify potential improvements
- Conduct key- and end user training to ensure the necessary knowledge on the precious metals and commercial processes
- Guide the key users to test the system and to realize system acceptance
- Ensure qualitative documentation (training documents, test scripts, …)
- Perform and document standard configuration in SAP
Who we are looking for
- You hold a master in information technology, applied computer sciences, applied economics or a related field
- You have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in SAP MM and/or SD
- Experience with precious metals accounting and hedging processes is a plus
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Excel
- You have a mature, assertive and dynamic personality, with excellent interpersonal skills
- You are well organized and work with respect to details
- You have excellent communication skills
- You are fluent in English and French and/or Dutch
- Willingness to travel: up to 30%
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our technologies can tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO