IS Senior BI Architect and Analyst
Posted on 09-08-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our Business Supporting Functions (IT and others)
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our business supporting functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
Umicore is developing a modern data platform in order to maximize business insight and utilize data for added value digital initiatives at Umicore Group and Business Unit level.
This position is to act as Senior BI Architect and Analyst in the BI Center of Excellence, located in Corporate IS.
You report hierarchically to the Umicore IS BI Center of Excellence lead.
You will lead business projects in the domain of business intelligence and advanced analytics / artificial intelligence. You will use expert level skills in setting up the right architecture, modeling the business requirements and delivering end-to-end solutions.
You will understand and translate the strategy of our Business Units into an analytical roadmap, link to the architecture and governance standards.
Your detailed responsibilities :
- You participate as senior BI architect, analyst and technical project lead in analytics or digitalization projects
- You evaluate new requests, assess market evolution, govern deployment and monitoring of the defined architecture
- You support the Business units in establishing their analytics roadmap, setup their BU governance processes, organization and knowledge build
- You provide input and help govern the Umicore overall modern data platform.
- You coach the junior BI Analyst and support him/her in the development tasks
- You work in close collaboration with Business leads, project managers, business key users and the different involved IT teams.
Location will be Brussels. Occasional travel to other Umicore sites (national & international) will be required.
Who we are looking for
- You hold a master in information technology sciences, mathematics or economy,
- You have a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in the domain of Business Intelligence, ETL and Datawarehouse, data science, advanced analytics
- You have a sincere and proven interest in the area of Data Management
- You can rely on technical knowledge in the following
- Data visualization: Qlik Sense and/or Power BI
- Data warehouse: Microsoft SQL Server, Synapse
- ETL: TimeXtender, Azure Data Factory (or other)
- You have a mature, assertive and dynamic personality, with excellent interpersonal skills
- You are a team player with strong communication skills and with a collaborative spirit
- You are customer oriented, result driven & focused on delivering quality
- Analytical skills, able to lead complex files and related teams
- Interest in and exposure to industrial activities, processes and technology
- Good internal and external networking skills
- You are fluent in English and either Dutch or French. German is a plus
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our technologies can tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO