Incubation Program Manager Recycling
New Business Incubation
Research & Development, Process & Product Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About New Business Incubator (NBI)
The CTO organization is structured around two pillars: Corporate Research & Development (CRD) and New Business Incubation (NBI). NBI is a newly-created unit that will lead Umicore efforts to identify and incubate next generation disruptive technologies with the aim of creating new business opportunities. CRD and NBI will, in close collaboration with the business units, cover Umicore technology innovation roadmap for the short, medium and long term.
What you will be doing
As Incubation Program Manager you define, coordinate and execute Umicore’s large-scale strategic innovation projects to meet specific business-driven innovation objectives. By monitoring progress and adjusting program priorities and resource needs, you will ensure that projects meet their objectives within the defined time, scope and budget.
During the next three years, focus will be firmly on Umicore’s pathway towards a Net Zero future (carbon neutrality), anticipating changes in License to Operate requirements, by developing a long-term technology and business innovation roadmap ( incl. technological innovations, rethinking energy carriers and systems, shaping metallurgical platforms,…).
Detailed Responsibilities :
- You take the lead in timely and within budget delivery of Umicore’s Precious Metals Refining long term innovation program on decarbonisation, coordinating joint efforts with all other stakeholders of PMR-business, Corporate R&D and Purchase & Transportation. You stay attuned to changing priorities and monitor progress of the individual projects, their funding (where relevant) and implementation of IP and advocacy strategies. You continuously aim here for improved innovation excellence.
- You report on status of innovation projects and next steps towards respective steering committees and UPMR’s Innovation Board. You review budgets and resource allocations for individual incubation projects, in agreement with the Innovation Director.
- You liaise within all involved Umicore’s corporate departments and interface with universities, research centers, technological partners and industry peers.
- As a custodian of Umicore’s Net Zero ambition, you make sure lessons learnt and best practices from UPMR projects are shared and adopted in all new projects, Umicore-wide.
The position will be located in Hoboken, Belgium.
Who we are looking for
- You have a Technical Master Degree in chemistry, physics, engineering, ) with 5+ years’ experience in a managerial role.
- You have a proven track record in successfully managing international projects and research programs with cross-functional teams and significant financial value.
- A good knowledge and understanding of Non-ferrous Refining processes and technology is mandatory.
- You are an excellent communicator, with good oral and written presentation skills.
- Fluency in both oral and written English is a must.
- Business acumen and good understanding of R&D finance (research budgeting/costing) is required.
- You have a thorough knowledge of MS office products
- You can work on your own under general direction, have a good sense of prioritization of assigned goals and manage time and risks accordingly in collaboration within your network and with your teams.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO