HR International Assignments Manager
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our Support Functions
A global organization. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As part of the Corporate HR organization of Umicore, located in Brussels, you will manage and coordinate the international assignments, in line with the overall HR policies and in compliance with all legal requirements. The objective is to ensure consistent, qualitative and efficient expat management of involved Umicore managers.
Your Detailed Resonsibilities :
- You will be responsible for the day to day handling and coordination of international assignments from and to different countries, including:
- The composition and briefing of the expat package and all related documents
- Updating of the balance sheets during the assignment, ensuring correct tax equalization and net entitlement
- Providing instructions to the home and host payroll departments
- Coordination of the different providers (relocation, tax consultancy, insurances, etc.), ensuring qualitative, consistent and efficient suppliers’ support.
- Analysing immigration needs and coordinate, follow up on immigration process
- Providing cost estimates and actual cost tracking
- Validation & processing of expat expense claims ensuring compliance with policy
- You act as continuous point of contact for the international assignee, including meetings with them to explain the package, documents, updated balance sheets, etc…. You hold regular follow up calls to track on the assignee’s wellbeing and concerns
- You build and manage expat related reporting (status update, annual cost collection, immigration updates, expense management…)
- You participate in or conduct expat related projects
- You provide support for the other international assignments
- You follow up on social and tax legislation related to cross border transitions and ensure the assignments are compliant
- You build an external and internal network in order to remain updated on expatriate management and practices
Who we are looking for
- You have obtained a University degree or equivalent through experience
- You also have some years of experience within HR, preferably in an international context or in international mobility management
- You have good knowledge of social and fiscal matters in an international environment
- You are proficient in MS Office
- You are Fluent in English
- You have strong organisation skills, you like to work in a systematic, methodical and orderly way
- You are customer oriented and you also set high standards for quality and accuracy
- You hold effective relationships including distant and cross culture contacts
- You are willing to travel on an ad hoc base to meet the assignee and/or local HR teams if needed
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO