Head of Business IT - PMR Hoboken
Precious Metals Refining
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Precious Metals Refining
The world’s resources are scarce. Umicore’s refining and recycling technology gives used metals a new lease of life. We are experts in treating the most complex materials from around the world. Our processes help bring value to the circular economy and reduce environmental impacts. To recover more metal from different types of material we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new processes. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As the head of Business IT, you are responsible to steer and grow a team who delivers and supports robust, high value and easy to use end-user IT applications. All these in a fast changing world of digitalization and within the boundaries of an affordable, risk avoided, strongly managed governance.
Detailed Responsibilities :
- You guide and coach your team in analysing and resolving complex or multiple business requests and support them in translating business needs in functional designs and finally in delivering high quality added value applications. You follow trends and methodologies in the IT environment and ensure proper training to grow and align your people’s competencies. Together with your team, you ensure proper use and maximum value out of the different applications. You apply continuous improvement and timely address corrective actions.
- You demonstrate strong leadership in balancing end-user expectations with strong governance (affordable, low complexity, security,…). You prioritise business requests and plan your resources accordingly. You are responsible for monitoring the PMR IT landscape, systems security and data integrity.
- You build and maintain a strong network of active key- and/or end users in order to understand business needs, see opportunities for value creation and deliver upon them in an agile way. You build and maintain a strong network with the Senior Leadership of the BU, the Corporate IT & Digitalization and other BU’s as key stakeholders. You also build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers who offer consultancy or application support services.
- You continuously work to gain deep understanding of the business processes, the different applications, IT domains and their interfaces. You ensure high system availability through proper risk analysis, knowledge management and system documentation.
Who we are looking for
- You have a Master Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Applied Computer Sciences, Applied Economics or related area.
- You have at least 8 years of experience and technical knowledge in IT project management. You have acquired an expert level in business analysis.
- You are energized by new technologies and digital developments and you are able to convey this energy on others.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
- You have a natural leading capacity and are willing to obtain the best of the team; you prefer to work with people and you are interested by their development.
- You are able to lead a cross-functional (non-hierarchical) team in order to successful implement and start up business solutions. You love to work in close collaboration with other departments (e.g. production, information systems, purchasing …). Your ideas are easily empowered to all different levels with the organisation.
- You are able to manage a project portfolio and steer a roadmap; your well-structured and organized approach enables you to handle miscellaneous tasks simultaneously and timely.
- You are willing to travel abroad for specific assignments.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If my expertise can help give new life to used metals, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO