Group Communications & Investor Relations Officer (Eng)
Group Communications & IR
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our support services, Communication and other
A global organization. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As Group Communications & Investor Relations Officer, you support Umicore’s group and financial communication:
- with the preparation of the integrated annual report: you are part of the team that produces our most important annual publication, central to our storytelling about sustainability and to our strategic successes; you support content throughout the editorial process, including images, web and texts; you coordinate with internal and external stakeholders and manage communication tools and software.
- with the financial communication: you ensure that press releases and other items of communication are published on time for the right target groups; you help maintain the Investor Relations web pages; you help prepare communication material for investors in general, and in particular you can draw up recurrent standard press releases autonomously following a permanent structure; you support the Investor Relations staff with their daily activities.
You support the other communication services (internal, external, digital communication) with projects and at peak times. This includes ensuring translating and proofreading (English and Dutch) of written documents and coordinating the organization of major communication moments.
In addition, you will also take care of the general administration of the Communication Department, including managing general mailboxes, telephone management, invoicing, booking business trips, coordinating team meetings and events, etc.
Who we are looking for
- You have a Bachelor’s or a Master’s degree in communication with a great affinity for digital means. Initial relevant work experience is a plus.
- You have excellent speaking and writing skills in English (level: native speaker).
- You have a good command of Dutch. French would be an added advantage.
- You have highly developed project and time management skills.
- You have experience in desktop publishing and PowerPoint or are prepared to learn. Knowledge of Adobe suite is a plus.
- You have sufficient experience with Excel to create graphs and interpret figures.
- You have an affinity for web building and online content.
- You are meticulous and motivated to achieve results on time and within budget; you are well organized and open to a team with different backgrounds and cultures.
- You have good social skills for internal and external contacts.
- You are flexible as regards working hours during busy periods, sometimes outside normal office hours, and are stress resistant.
- Your curiosity and eagerness to learn lead you to take initiatives; you are hands-on.
- You can deal discreetly with confidential information.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?