Global Finance Process Owner
Finance, Information Technology
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About the Supporting Functions
Business partnering with a global organization. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centers that are vital to Umicore’s growth. We support operational excellence for financial and commercial operations and facilitate decision making, allowing Umicore to keep on growing and evolving. We contribute to enhance Umicore reputation, to strengthen customer relationships and to ensure adequate resources availabilities to prepare future successes. Hence, support functions offer a very dynamic work environment and require digital technology enablers. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
For its headquarters in Brussels, Umicore is looking for a Global Finance Process Owner to strengthen its Global Process Ownership team. This role implies contacts with all regions and supports the expansion of Global Finance Services, in close collaboration with Umicore Information Services (IT) and corporate Finance colleagues.
In this exciting and challenging position, you will focus on Record to Report (R2R) ‘end-to-end’ processes analysis, you will create value by data and process mining, you will enhance process efficiency and sustainability and monitor output results and controls adequacy.
You will be interacting closely with operational excellence teams and you will support operations with enhanced analytics services. You will gradually take ownership of defined processes and enhance underlying applications (such as Foreign Exchange Risk Management). As a long term focus you will contribute to process harmonization, corresponding to process scalability and sustainability within the Umicore Finance Community.
Your main responsibilities combine:
- Analyze ‘end to end’ Record to Report processes through different lenses, i.e. data quality and consistency, process / date controls in place, performance monitoring and suggest (digital) solutions accordingly.
- Ensure ongoing interaction with operational teams and finance community to scan, challenge and prioritize business and /or operational requirements and to support change management efforts.
- Convert operational requirements (controls, IS applications change requests, metrics and dashboarding) into functional designs, to explain and transmit to IS teams for technical design and coding.
- Develop expertise in specific R2R (sub) processes to gradually become process owner at group level, including training activities and key-user networking.
Who we are looking for
- You hold a University degree, with a focus on finance (accounting and controlling) or with a strong focus on digital technology enablement for finance processes.
- You have a solid operational experience (8+ years), combining focus on operational excellence and on underlying finance processes enhancement.
- You have a deep understanding of Finance processes including operational controls and risks mitigation. You have an extended practical experience with SAP financial modules, and other Microsoft tools.
- You show clear dedication to (digital) technology enablement.
- You are ‘service minded’ to build strong internal stakeholder relations, combining challenging spirit and attitude with strong listening skills.
- You are a team player and enjoy sharing knowledge, while you can work autonomously, be assertive and take spontaneous responsibilities and ownership.
- Your own discipline and organization allow you to be priority-, results- and solutions driven, while staying flexible for changing context and priorities.
- You have strong analytical skills, and an eye for details, to provide accurate and comprehensive results.
- You are pragmatic instead of dogmatic.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English (fluent knowledge of both French and Dutch is considered a plus).
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO