Corporate Security Manager
Legal Affairs / Security
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
A global organization. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
- You work directly with the Corporate Security Officer (CSO) at the HQ in Brussels.
- You are an expert in security and have a good knowledge of rules, practices and legislation in connection with different aspects of security. You advise and support Business Units (BU’s) and Corporate Functions on the correct implementation of legislation in the security domain and overall improve security, including relating to anti-money laundering, fraud, integrity, data protection and information security, cybercrime, physical security.
- You set up and manage the internal security community. You share best practices via workshops, seminars, trainings etc. on security related topics. You regularly/timely update the security documentation through policies and procedures.
- You perform Business Partner Screening (BPS) on the high risk cases, assess the correct use of the tools and info sources and check if the BPS is correctly documented in the different BU’s. You perform regular controls in the field and adapt the supply chain security guideline, based on changes in the legal framework and on the risks, to ensure compliance.
- You manage the security incidents for Umicore and are responsible for a monthly security reporting to the CSO and towards the security community. You work with the CISO for the reporting on cyber related incidents.
- You take the lead in security related projects, both single site or BU and multi-site or multi-BU or you are an active member of the project team and you contribute to cross-functional improvement projects in security related fields.
- You are also the responsible for security in the Umicore headquarters in Brussels.
- You have a master degree, a degree in Criminology is a plus;
- You have minimum 5 years work experience in a security related domain, preferably in an industrial environment;
- You are fluent in English and have a good knowledge of Dutch, French or German;
- You are skilled in fraud and risk management;
- You are an excellent communicator (both in writing and verbally);
- Empathic, convincing and able to build strong relationships with colleagues in different regions across the world;
- You are a project manager, with good problem solving- and analytical skills, and a pragmatic, solution-oriented approach;
- Integrity and discretion are key values for you;
- You can translate legislation into practical procedures;
- You are willing to travel abroad occasionally.
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?