Communication & Learning and development lead for IT
Posted on 14-09-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Information Systems
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
We are looking for a new colleague to develop the internal and external communication strategy for the IT department and work with stakeholders within and outside of the IT organisation on the implementation thereof. You will support and advise IT project managers with the change & communication management aspect as well as user adaptation aspects of their projects.
Training & development on IT solutions for the Umicore group
- Ensure all IT projects and initiatives with significant end-user impact have a mandatory track focused on training and provide support and consulting to project teams on change & communication management and user adoption & training
- Work with established communities such as digital heroes, digital workplace team, HR learning & Development and others on various initiatives aimed at user adoption and training related to IT tools
Training & development for IT department
- Detect learning needs within IT department based on input from IT staff, leadership, HR, … take into account both current as well as future skillset needs
- Design and drive the implementation of a learning & development plan for our IT colleagues to ensure they get the opportunity to grow and develop their knowledge and skills set
- Work with Corporate HR/learning & development to build and maintain portfolio of learning programs and build internal and external network of content contributors, training partners
Manage internal & external communication for the IT department
- Build overall communication strategy and plan for IT. This includes communication within the IT department as well as towards the global Umicore community
- Build portfolio of communication channels (mailing, intranet, Yammer) and define rules and guidelines on how to use
- Align with corporate communication and other stakeholders
Who we are looking for
An enthusiastic colleague with passion for communication and strong affinity in IT!
- Master in Business Engineering, Management Information Systems, Applied Economic Sciences, bachelor of applied IT, master in IT or computer science, …
- Relevant experience with change management and /or project management for medium to large IT projects
- Mature, assertive and dynamic personality, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Very strong communication skills
- Good presentation skills and confidence presenting to larger groups
- Fluent writing and speaking in English
- Ideally: experience in similar roles
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our technologies can tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO