Business Consultant SharePoint & Cloud Native Applications
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Information Systems
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As Business Consultant, you employ considerable managerial and technical skills as a solution expert and a point of contact for customer's IT needs.
As solution expert in the area of the Microsoft Office365, SharePoint and the Power platform (Power-Apps and Power-Automate) you will:
- Lead and execute small and medium size projects from functional requirements analysis to solution delivery.
- Build and co-create solutions with our business units on top of a well-defined governance framework and design patterns.
As a trusted partner to one of our business units you understand the SharePoint landscape and applications in the BU, coordinate the SharePoint request pipeline of the BU and be an enabler for co-creation of PowerApps with business-IT.
The technologies involved in the first years will involve the broad Microsoft technology stack:
- Office365 collaboration solutions & services, in particular SharePoint and the Power platform, PowerAutomate and PowerApps
- Azure, in support of Application Development:
- Azure DevOps, Azure AD, app registrations, app services, webjobs, functions, …
- Storage services: table, blob, queue’s, …
- Data management: SQL databases options
- Application Insights
You will be based in Hoboken, occasional travel to other Umicore sites (national and international) might be needed.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor applied IT or master in information technology or computer science
- Passionate about Digital technologies and keep up to date with the newest evolutions
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of relevant experience in Office365, SharePoint, PowerPlatform. Knowledge of Azure PaaS platform is an asset.
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Willing to travel occasionally abroad
- Mature, assertive and dynamic personality, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our technologies can tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO