Sales Support & Business Flow Manager
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Umicore is a global materials technology and recycling group. It focuses on application areas where its expertise in materials science, chemistry and metallurgy makes a real difference. Its activities are organised in three business groups: Catalysis, Energy & Surface Technologies and Recycling. Each business group is divided into market-focused business units offering materials and solutions that are at the cutting edge of new technological developments and essential to everyday life.
Umicore generates the majority of its revenues and dedicates most of its R&D efforts to clean technologies, such as emission control catalysts, materials for rechargeable batteries and recycling. Umicore’s overriding goal of sustainable value creation is based on an ambition to develop, produce and recycle materials in a way that fulfils its mission: materials for a better life.
The Umicore Group has industrial operations on all continents and serves a global customer base; it generated a turnover of € 11.1 billion (€ 2.7 billion excluding metal) in 2016 and currently employs 9,900 people.
Purpose of the function
RBM’s business is growing in size and complexity of transactions. Hence we are looking for a Sales Support & Business Flow Manager who will manage the business flows in SAP and provide SAP-support and technical guidance to the affiliates in the fields of sales & purchase.
- You coordinate the design of recurring and ad hoc business flows in SAP:
- Coordinate the design, validation and follow-up of physical, invoice and SAP flows in collaboration with Business, Sourcing and IS (corporate + RBM) teams
- Evaluate the business flow options to optimise the metal hedging impact
- Communicate the business flows to the users across the RBM-entities
- You test new Business Flows or developments in SAP and coordinate the testing among RBM-entities
- You monitor the business flow drivers, mapping them and simulating their impact on the P&L of the different entities of RBM
- You clearly document all the business flows
- You provide support to RBM-entities in the field of:
- SAP-support for Business Flows (MM- and SD-modules)
- Sales & purchase technical support in terms of SAP and hedging impacts
- Check the accuracy of sales and purchase input in SAP and its impacts on metal position and hedging.
- You coordinate the RBM worldwide closing schedule between entities, and manage monthly closing issues in SAP
- You have a Master degree in economics with affinity for technology (or engineering / science degree with additional degree in economics), and a first relevant work experience (1-5 years).
- You are fluent in English (oral and written) and at least one other language of Dutch, French or German.
- Your knowledge of SAP would be a strong differentiator
- You have strong analytical and organisational skills.
- You are a fast learner.
- You are an excellent communicator, able to engage and train people.
- You are an enthusiastic & dynamic team player with an open ‘can do‘ mentality and you are able to prioritize efficiently and with eye for detail.
- You are willing to travel internationally (Asia)