Project Manager Technology
Precious Metals Refining
Engineering, Applied Technology
If our recycling technology can give new life to used metals, IMAGINE WHAT YOU CAN DO?
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life.
For its unit Precious Metals Refining located in Hoboken (Belgium) , Umicore is currently looking for a
Project Manager Technology
Within the framework of the policy and strategy of the department Technology and in order to realize the investments projects of the Hoboken plant of Precious Metals Refining (UPMR), you analyze, manage and implement engineering projects in all of its aspects, for a wide variety of projects, ranging from small units & revamps to green field (0,25 to 4 Mio€). You report to Head of Technology Departement.
- You study and analyze the required technology for revamps and new units, in close collaboration with the project team and other services involved (esp. production and maintenance).
- You propose technical improvements and/or solutions, in a feasibility- basic & detailed engineering phase, including a budget estimate.
- You provide expert metallurgical process equipment knowledge to the team where needed.
- You realize and manage the complete project implementation including detail engineering, supplier selection and follow-up, site supervision and start-up.
- You assist and help the start-up teams for the different investment projects, in close collaboration with the production manager and his staff, the different engineering teams and the maintenance organization.
- You assure and improve the quality system (ISO 9001}, the safety policies (OHSAS 18000) and environmental processes and procedures (ISO 14000).
- You take up the responsibility for the whole plant operations as Engineer on Duty, up to 3 weeks I year.
- You assure set up targets are achieved within the agreed time frame and budget
- You manage and coach your team.
- You have a master degree in engineering or in applied sciences with relevant in project management, with min. 5 years relevant professional experience in an industrial environment.
- You are technical minded and skilled in various calculations (heat balances , friction losses, capacity of equipment, thermodynamic issues, automation concepts, ...)
- You have a profound knowledge of hydro- & pyro- metallurgy and are familiarized with industrial applications of environmental, health and safety issues and quality systems
- You have a working knowledge of MS Office, 2D- and 3D-software are plus
- You are fluent in Dutch and have a good knowledge of other languages (English, French, German).
- You are able to synthesize a large number of data and come to clear conclusions.
- You are skilled in the elaboration of global written (project) reports
- You are a people- and project manager, able to handle miscellaneous us tasks simultaneously, set priorities, involve and motivate all concerned parties and your team towards successful implementation and start up of new installations.
- You are driven by goals and are methodological in approaching projects.
- You are a good communicator, able to empower your ideas to upper management.
- Willing to travel abroad for specific assignments.