Project Leader Solid State Batteries
Research & Development, Process & Product Development
If our expertise can help improve battery performance, IMAGINE WHAT YOU CAN DO?
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life.
As a Project Leader in the R&D competence centre, you will contribute to developing and evaluating new materials and technologies for rechargeable batteries. Specifically, you will study and evaluate new developments in the field of solid state batteries through internal R&D activities and external collaborations.
Within a cross-functional team, you will generate knowledge and expertise to assess the potential of solid state batteries and define synergies with Umicore’s product portfolio. Internal projects as well as external collaborations will be carried out to build better understanding of the battery electro-chemistry and physicochemical properties of the materials and material interfaces needed to develop solid state batteries.
- You actively participate in the development and assessment of new materials, characterization techniques and integration methods for solid state batteries.
- You build up understanding in material, integration, manufacturing and evaluation aspects of solid state batteries and cooperate with external laboratories, companies and other Business Units.
- You identify and generate new ideas for IP generation.
- You are responsible for the results, timing and budget of your projects.
- You generate cross-team interaction by regular reporting.
- You lead the communication process towards your superiors, team members and Business Unit(s) related to your research projects. You coordinate the project evolution and the according reporting and administration.
- You continue to develop your own as well as the group's expertise in this field. You explore new techniques and create new ideas and developments that might contribute to the growth of the knowledge domain.
- You contribute to other R&D projects by actively participating in cross functional team events and by facilitating the sharing of expertise amongst colleagues.
- You take care of the communication with internal and external laboratories and companies.
- You build up an international network in order to explore new scientific methods and technologies.
- You recently obtained your PhD in electrochemistry or materials science and you’re ready for your next professional step in an industrial environment.
- You have a deep knowledge on battery materials, interfaces and electrochemical characterization
- Having expertise in the field of solid state batteries is an asset
- You have a comprehensive approach towards technical and scientific issues and new developments
- You are strong in summarizing, reporting and presenting
- You have a systematic and methodological approach
- You identify and make recommendations on potential collaboration projects or participation to funded projects
- Fluent in English, both written and orally
- You are result-oriented, creative and motivated; you are successful in motivating and convincing other people
- You are a team player and customer minded
- You have good networking and communication skills, able to proactively build functional relations inside and outside the company
- You have strong analytical skills, able to assess & summarize(numerical) information and share knowledge and expertise with others
- You are prepared to travel abroad
What we offer
At Umicore, we aim to lead by example, commit to quality products and services and to our values. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which our people can succeed, and a culture that is open to sharing ideas, develop expertise and careers, coupled to a motivating remuneration package.