Project Construction Manager
Precious Metals Refining
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life.
About Precious Metals Refining
The world’s resources are scarce. Umicore’s refining and recycling technology gives used metals a new lease of life. We are experts in treating the most complex materials from around the world. Our processes help bring value to the circular economy and reduce environmental impacts. To recover more metal from different types of material we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new processes. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
For its unit Precious Metals Refining located in Hoboken (Belgium) , Umicore is currently looking for a:
Project Construction Manager
Within the framework of the policy and strategy of the department Technology and in order to realize the investments projects of the Hoboken plant of Precious Metals Refining (UPMR), you analyze, manage and implement engineering projects in all of its aspects, for a wide variety of projects, ranging from small units & revamps to green field (0,25 to 4 Mio€). You report to Head of Technology Departement.
- You study and analyze the required technology for revamps and new units, in close collaboration with the project team and other services involved (esp. production and maintenance).You propose technical improvements and/or solutions, in a feasibility- basic & detailed engineering phase, including a budget estimate.
- You propose technical improvements and/or solutions, in a feasibility- basic & detailed engineering phase, including a budget estimate.
- You realize and manage the complete project implementation including detail engineering, supplier selection and follow-up, site supervision and start-up.
- You assist and help the start-up teams for the different construction projects, in close collaboration with the production manager and his staff, the different engineering teams and the maintenance organization.
- You manage and coach your project team.
Who we are looking for
- You have an engineering degree with minimum 3 years relevant professional experience in an industrial environment.
- You are technical minded and skilled in various calculations (heat balances, friction losses, capacity of equipment, thermodynamic issues, automation concepts, ...)
- You have knowledge of hydro- & pyro- metallurgy and are familiarized with industrial applications of environmental, health and safety issues and quality systems
- You are fluent in Dutch and have a good knowledge of other languages (English, French, German).
- You are able to synthesize a large number of data and come to clear conclusions.
- You are skilled in the elaboration of global written (project) reports
- As a project manager you are a people oriented and able to involve and motivate all concerned parties and your team towards successful implementation and start up of new installations.
- You are driven by goals and you like to set priorities.
- You are a good communicator, able to empower your ideas to upper management.
- Willing to travel abroad for specific assignments.
If our recycling technology can give new life to used metals, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?