Junior Recruitment Manager
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life.
About our support functions
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
You are in charge of the full recruitment process of junior managerial positions for the Umicore sites in Belgium. You assist in the further development and implementation of the sourcing strategy and talent acquisition programs. You support employer branding activities and candidate attraction strategies. You report to the Recruitment Manager SWE.
- You manage the full recruitment process :
- intake with the hiring manager
- advertising of the vacancy
- define the right sourcing channels
- screening and interviewing of candidates
- organising assessment centers
- advising management in final selection
- You ensure optimal communication with all internal and external stakeholders in the recruitment process, candidates, hiring managers, search partners, recruitment team.
- Based on input of HR business partners and hiring managers you optimize the sourcing strategy and build active talent pools.
- You manage the recruitment for the yearly talent acquisition program, from campus recruitment to screening and selection of young graduates.
- You are actively involved in employer branding activities, participating in campus recruitment and events, give input for publications on social and other media etc.
- You participate in talent acquisition related projects such as the organization of internships, the Umicore ambassador program and the use of the applicant tracking system (ATS)
- You follow up of relevant performance indicators for the recruitment process
Who we are looking for
- You have a Master degree in organizational psychology or equivalent and experience in recruitment
- You have a good knowledge and experience in interview techniques and a natural ability to assess people.
- You are fluent in Dutch, French and English.
- You are familiar with social media and skilled in the use of ATS, preferably SuccessFactors.
- You have good insights in the dynamics of an organization and are able to act as a strategic business partner in talent attraction.
- You are discrete, emotional intelligent and customer minded.
- You are a team player, with excellent communication skills, who can build strong relationships with all parties involved in recruitment.
- You have good planning and organizational abilities, and are flexible in day planning to suit availability of candidates and hiring managers.
- You have a professional attitude and ability to represent the company.
- You can convince and lead people and take ownerships of projects.
- You are willing to travel frequently to the different Belgian Umicore sites.
What we offer
At Umicore, we aim to lead by example, commit to quality products and services and to our values. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which our people can succeed, and a culture that is open to sharing ideas, develop expertise and careers, coupled to a motivating remuneration package.