Integrated Reporting Manager
Umicore is a global materials technology and recycling group. It focuses on application areas where its expertise in materials science, chemistry and metallurgy makes a real difference. Its activities are organised in three business groups: Catalysis, Energy & Surface Technologies and Recycling. Each business group is divided into market-focused business units offering materials and solutions that are at the cutting edge of new technological developments and essential to everyday life.
Umicore generates the majority of its revenues and dedicates most of its R&D efforts to clean technologies, such as emission control catalysts, materials for rechargeable batteries and recycling. Umicore’s overriding goal of sustainable value creation is based on an ambition to develop, produce and recycle materials in a way that fulfils its mission: materials for a better life.
The Umicore Group has industrial operations on all continents and serves a global customer base; it generated a turnover of € 11.1 billion (€ 2.7 billion excluding metal) in 2016 and currently employs 9,900 people.
For its Group Communications team located in Brussels, Umicore is currently looking for an Integrated Reporting Manager
In this role you ensure the design and delivery of the Umicore annual report, which combines economic, environmental, social, governance and sustainability aspects and that targets all stakeholders especially shareholders and analysts.
You also develop case studies and stories that reflect Umicore’s progress towards its strategic goals, developing content and publications that position Umicore as a leader in clean mobility, recycling and sustainability.
- You design and develop the annual report including all related processes
- You develop content, both independently and together with other Group Communication colleagues, that explain and promote Umicore's achievements towards its strategic goals. This content may be used as case studies and stories for the Annual report or in other formats for more general communication in the form of video, editorial, presentations, corporate or sales literature.
- You support Investor Relations and other communications colleagues in developing presentations and other materials that relate to all integrated reporting aspects of Umicore's business and to half yearly reporting.
- You keep abreast of the eveloution in the integrated reporting landscape and best practices.
- You have a master’s degree in a communication-related discipline, with 3 to 5 years of professional experience.
- You have excellent native level English skills, good knowledge of Dutch and / or French are an asset.
- You have a good knowledge of integrated reporting concepts eg GRI standards, and a good understanding of key environmental, social and governance concepts.
- You have excellent writing skills and are able to summarise complex issues for non-expert audiences in verbal and written form.
- You have strong abilities in planning and project management.
- You are rigorous and driven to achieve results on time and on budget.
- You master most software relevant for communication. Skills in database or web management tools are useful.
- You can develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the corporate functions ensuring an effective and accurate flow of communication. With your enthusiasm you lead people to a shared goal in the context of a project.
- You are creative, curious and willing to learn new concepts.