Corporate Development Manager
Corporate Development & Infodoc
Finance, Business Development
Umicore is a global materials technology and recycling group. It focuses on application areas where its expertise in materials science, chemistry and metallurgy makes a real difference. Its activities are organised in three business groups: Catalysis, Energy & Surface Technologies and Recycling. Each business group is divided into market-focused business units offering materials and solutions that are at the cutting edge of new technological developments and essential to everyday life.
Umicore generates the majority of its revenues and dedicates most of its R&D efforts to clean technologies, such as emission control catalysts, materials for rechargeable batteries and recycling. Umicore’s overriding goal of sustainable value creation is based on an ambition to develop, produce and recycle materials in a way that fulfils its mission: materials for a better life.
The Umicore Group has industrial operations on all continents and serves a global customer base; it generated a turnover of € 11.1 billion (€ 2.7 billion excluding metal) in 2016 and currently employs 9,900 people.
Purpose of the function
Corporate Development manages, prepares and coordinates Mergers & Acquisition (M&A) transactions, strategy reviews and corporate investment files. CD assists and advises the group’s Executive Committee in its decision process. It is a centre of knowledge and excellence for the group in the field of M&A and valuation expertise. You report to the VP Corporate Development. In this function you assist the Directors and team leader in the execution of their tasks while managing smaller projects under the supervision of a Director or the team leader.
- You perform project supporting research at the instruction of team leader and/or directors (business, technology, commercial, financial, …).
- You draft financial and valuation models, make presentations to team members, external parties and decision makers.
- You assess business plans and draft initial business plan proposals.
- You assist in preparing negotiations and heads of agreement; and in pro-actively sourcing ideas and transactions.
- You contribute to the establishment of an internal & external relationship network (bankers, consultants, colleagues, …).
- You help with the preparation of anti-trust and competition filings.
- You assist in performing strategic analyses of businesses and in coordinating certain parts of due diligence, preparation of transaction and closing documents.
- You assist in project coordination.
- You contribute to establishing best practices for the department.
- You have a master degree and 2 to 5 years relevant working experience with exposure to industrial activities, processes and technology, preferably in M&A and ECM
- You are skilled in Finance (financial reporting, modelling, valuation, …) and Project Management (coordination and planning of complex tasks/groups).
- You are fluent in English. Knowledge of Dutch, French, German or other languages is a plus.
- You have strategic insight, good analytical skills, and the capacity to structure complex projects
- You have good communication, drafting and coordinating skills.
- You are a creative and pro-active thinker, convincing and result focused.
- You are intellectually flexible, open to cultural and personal diversity.
- You are a team player.
- You are pressure resistant and resilient to set-backs.