Assistant Manager Sampling
Precious Metals Refining
EHS/Quality, Engineering, Product Management
If our recycling capabilities can help tackle recource scarcity, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life.
At its Precious Metals Refining Operations located in Hoboken, Umicore is currently looking for an
Assistant Manager Sampling
The Sampling Department at UPMR Hoboken has grown substantially in the framework of the Horizon 2020 vision of Umicore and employs today around 250 co-workers. The major focus of the Sampling is to deliver the required services to our external customers, namely a timely and high quality output of samples in order to valorise correctly the delivered material. You will assist and support the head of the Sampling in the daily operations, and you will be responsible for dedicated projects in the area of the logistical flow of materials and in different organisational optimization projects.
- You will support the LOGIS team, which is named after the IT application for the logistical processes of the internal division, in their daily operations.
- You embed the use of all calculation files in the sampling and final preparation area and incorporate the robotic system for final preparation in the LOGIS application.
- You facilitate the change management process for LOGIS on the job floor.
- You install a performant stock management system
- You also support different improvement projects in the department for reaching the targets for the key performance indicators of Sampling, such as:
- the reduction of the overall sampling throughput times,
- increasing the availability of the equipment, especially by introducing the best practices of working organisation
- zero sampling errors
- projects related to the transparency of performance and the cost calculation, proper to sampling.
- You have a master degree in Production Management, Technical or Commercial Engineering or Applied Sciences; a first experience in an industrial environment is an add-on.
- You have a sound knowledge of metallurgical, mechanical or chemical processes.
- You are familiar with the principles of financial management, statistics and logistical processes and applications.
- You are a natural leader, with strong communication skills.
- You are able to analyse solve problems efficiently.
- You are commitment to results.
- You a team player
What we Offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organization, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?